Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Balancing Act

Hey guys! Ana here, & today I want to talk about a problem that seems extremely among students: How can we manage everything being thrown at us without having a complete meltdown? This is a question that I've been asking myself a lot since recently starting my first year in college, & I've finally got a system that seems to be working!



Plan your day out. I know this seems time consuming, but trust me it works wonders! If you wake up in the morning & make a list of things you want to accomplish for the day, you'll be so much more productive. My daily lists consists of diffrent assignment that I should work on, my workout plans, even things like having lunch & eating healthy!

Give yourself breathing room. Don't just make time for school work! In order to be a healthy, happy person there has to be a balance between school work & a social life! This being said, if you're ever feeling overwhelmed go to the mall, or have lunch with a friend, this will help restore the balance of things!
 
Make time to read over your notes for the day. Every night I try to re-read the lecture notes I took on that day. This helps the information discussed in class really sink into your brain. It also comes in handy if a pop quiz is thrown at you, since you'll already have reviewed the information.

Don't procrastinate!!! I am a huge offender when it comes to procrastination! Don't leave things until the last minute, everything always just pile up at the end! Trust me I have pulled some horrible all- nighter sad a consiquence to my procrastination.

Most importantly remember to Enjoy your day! School is time to make memories & have fun with your friends! Take tons of pictures, one day you'll want to look on the memories you've made!

Basically these rules are all extremely important for a successful school year & a healthy mind! While school is for learning, it's also a place were amazing memories are made! 
If you have anymore advice to help regulate The Balancing Act I would love to read them in the comments below!
Xoxo, 
         ~Ana
   





No comments:

Post a Comment